Saturday, March 24, 2018

Springtime Flowers - Ink & Share Blog Hop

     Hello and welcome to this month's Ink & Share Blog Hop. This month we're hopping to the theme of Easter/Spring, so join us and get inspired by all these creative projects made by talented demonstrators from all over the world!

     For my project I decided to follow the spring theme. Right now, sad to say, but it is still winter here in Calgary, Alberta. Our front yard snow pile is still waist deep (I kid you not!), and snow is still in the forecast. Depressing, right?! So to ward off my winter blues, I made this colorful card!
     Nothing is more spring-like than vibrant flowers in full bloom for me. And since spring is like a renewal, I decided to go back to basics with my card...just pure unadulterated stamping! No fancy die-cuts or embellishments...just a whole lotta stamping and inks. 
     I chose the Orange Blossoms and Blooms and Wishes stamp sets for my flowers and leaves. I started stamping my big flowers, one on each corner, with my Melon Mambo ink pad. I did make masks for these flowers out of Magic Cover (a Dollar store item), but this is totally optional. 
     Then it was just a matter of filling up the whole card with various leaves and flowers using all of these ink pads: Flirty Flamingo, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Emerald Envy, Old Olive, Lemon Lime Twist, and Bermuda Bay.

      When I was happy with how it looked, I added Wink of Stella to the flowers and then stamped my sentiment in Basic Black ink, which was from the Colorful Seasons stamp set. I then layered this  onto a piece of Gold Foil sheet, which was then adhered to a Whisper White card base. A couple of rhinestone jewels later and my spring card is done!
     I really enjoyed making this card...it made me realize that I don't always need all the fancy stuff to make a nice card. Sometimes all you need is a stamp and an ink pad! But who am I kidding...I love all the fancy stuff too!!! LOL.
     Anyway thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you next time! Please continue hopping along with us...next up is the talented Lisa Kmiec! Happy stamping!

20 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful background! Unfortunately, I too have not seen spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Here's hoping we see spring before July. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful spring card! I've had Blooms & Wishes sitting on my table waiting for inspiration. I think I just found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card very much! It's so colorful and made with a stampset I've totally overseen. How is that possible!
    Jacqueline Bobeldijk-Schilder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline! We have so many beautiful flower stamps, it's no surprise we overlook a few here and there :)

      Delete
  4. So beautiful with the multi-colored stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the fancy stuff too, but this card is perfect with just the basics. It is always important to remember that! Thanks for the cheery card. Wishing you a thaw and warm temperatures on the horizon.🌻

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card love the bright colours, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Laura, glad you liked it😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty and cheerful card Phoebe. Love the all the wink of stella sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten! I just love shimmer and sparkles😊

      Delete
  9. So pretty! I love making my own backgrounds, similar to pps. Love the colors and stamps you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! It’s my personalized DSP😊

      Delete
  10. I love the vibrancy of this card!

    ReplyDelete