Sunday, February 17, 2019

Colorful Butterflies

Hello and welcome. Today I got to play with the pretty butterflies from the Sale-a-bration item Botanical Butterfly DSP, and oh what a pretty collection of paper this is! Here's what I created...
I was inspired by this week's Global Design Project challenge 176...CASE the Designer. Steffi Helmschrott designed a gorgeous card with vibrant colored circles, and these are what inspired me in creating my card. 
I started by coloring my pretty butterflies using the colors of the rainbow. I don't own the Blends (yet), so I just used my ink pads and my Aqua Painter. For my colors I used the following: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape and Blackberry Bliss. I also colored the centers of my butterflies using the Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint (unfortunately now retired), because butterflies need some sparkle of course! :) After coloring I used my Butterfly Duet punch to easily cut them out.
My mat layer is a piece of Basic Black cardstock (5 1/4" x 4") which I ran through my Big Shot with the Dot to Dot embossing folder. For additional interest I sponged it with the Vegas Gold shimmer paint to match my butterflies. My sentiment is from the Butterfly Gala stamp set, which I gold heat-embossed on a strip of Basic Black cardstock.

To put my card together, I adhered my mat layer onto my Basic Black A2 sized card base. Next I added my butterflies along the left side and my sentiment piece using dimensionals. And just like that, my card is done!
I just adore butterflies, I think they are just gorgeous! And I couldn't be happier that we have tons of pretty butterflies to play with from both the Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogue. Thank you again for stopping by today, and see you next time! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment