Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Last-minute Valentine Card

     I did it again...I lost track of time and forgot to do my last Valentine card. So right on Valentine's day, I am making my final cards. It is a simple two-for-one card, and again I used my Heart Happiness stamp set along with my Ribbon of Courage and Flourishing Phrases stamp sets.
     I believe that there is beauty in simplicity, and there is something to be said with making simple cards and stepping them up as well. My cards for today involved just heat embossing. I used my Versamark and white embossing powder on my Cherry Cobbler cardstock (3 1/2" x 5 1/2") and then reversed it on my Whisper White cardstock (same dimensions) by stamping my images with Cherry Cobbler ink pad instead and then clear heat embossing it. The important thing to note is that you'll need to use a stamp positioning tool for this to make sure you get two exactly identical pieces of card fronts. Unfortunately, I haven't received my Stamparatus yet, so I'm still using my old positioning tool. 
 
stamping images on Cherry Cobbler
cardstock using Versamark pad
for white heat embossing
 
re-stamping images on white
cardstock with Cherry Cobbler
ink pad for clear heat embossing
   
     This is what my card fronts look like after all my images and sentiment have been heat embossed. I could have left it like this and it would've been a nice simple card, but I wanted to step it up a bit. So I taped both cards together and cut them both on the diagonal. And then I did a little switcheroo after. Here's what that looks like.
     These card fronts were then just adhered onto my Basic Black A2 sized card base with foam tape for additional dimension. Now I wanted to of course add some shimmer, so I used the silver glitter washi tape from last year's SAB. And for embellishments, I added these white sequins. These sequins didn't come in red, so I improvised and just colored them in with a red sharpie. Problem solved!
     So from very simple cards, I stepped them up a bit by cutting and a bit of switching, and adding some embellishments. Here's my final cards. 
     I'm not sure which version I liked better...the simple or the stepped-up ones. One thing for sure, experimenting fuels creativity. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today's cards. Have a lovely day! (It's almost the weekend...yay!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment