Saturday, January 11, 2020

Timeless Tulips

Happy New Year crafters! Today I was finally able to craft again for the first time this year, yay! And what better stamp set to play with than Timeless Tulips...the set I got from OnStage way back in November. Yup, it’s been that long! Here are the three cards I made using this beautiful stamp set.
I wanted to add more life to my tulips, and so I added some simple shadows and highlights using some ink and coloured pencils. Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as you think it is. See how I did it in my short video down below.
This simple one-layer card was made using these ink pads: Grapefruit Grove, Garden Green, Lovely Lipstick & Bermuda Bay. For definition I used my Watercolor Pencils, and the sentiment is from Abstract Impressions.

For my other two cards, I decided to pair my tulips with the gorgeous Sale-a-bration item Lily Impressions DSP. The vibrant colours in this designer series paper just complements my tulips perfectly! I cut out a piece of DSP using my Stitched Rectangles Dies and saved the inside piece for my other card.
For this simple card I used the inside piece of DSP, used the coordinating Tulip Builder Punch to cut out my tulip and leaf, then fussy cut my stem. My sentiment is from Abstract Impressions stamp set, stamped using my black Memento ink pad.
This last card was made using the frame DSP and more punched out tulips and leaves and fussy-cut stems. I used another Sale-a-bration item, the Stone 3D Embossing folder, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock for my mat piece. I layered my frame and flowers on top of my mat using dimensionals and then adhered this piece onto my Lovely Lipstick A4 cardbase. For my sentiment I used the December Paper Pumpkin stamp set and then added some Champagne Rhinestones for embellishment.

And those are my cards for today, I hope you like them! It was so much fun crafting again, hopefully I'll be able to do more of this, especially since it is Sale-a-bration! And just what is Sale-a-bration?! It is that special time of year (January til end of March specifically) wherein you earn awesome free products for every qualifying purchase. If you want more information on this awesome deal just message me. In the meantime you can browse through all the wonderful products you can get for free by clicking on the link below. Happy crafting and hope to see you again next time!!!

















5 comments:

  1. Thank you flor showing how to do it. Your tulips ate stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal! I'm glad you liked them =)

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is simply amazing! Thanks for sharing your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing artist you are!
    Thanks so much for sharing your talents ~ I really appreciate it.
    You make it look sooo simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tulips are gorgeous! Do you mind if I copy your card? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete