Sunday, March 07, 2021

A Touch of Ink (GDP 281)

 I needed to make a card for a friend, and I took inspiration from this week's Global Design Project challenge for my creation. Now this ended up to be quite a challenge for me indeed as it was a color challenge, and the colors were not ones that I would have used together normally. So I had to think and re-think my card design to fulfill this challenge. Here's what I came up with...

And these were the colors for this week's challenge:

I decided to use the Bermuda Bay sheet of Oh So Ombre DSP for my mat. Then I stamped the flowers & leaves outline from A Touch of Ink stamp set in Memento ink on a 2 3/4" x 4" piece of white cardstock. The insides of the images were then stamped in Blushing Bride and Bermuda Bay ink. This piece was then backed onto another piece of white cardstock 3" x 4 1/4", and then adhered to the ombre mat piece. I then adhered this whole piece onto my white A4 size card base.

For my sentiment I used my Well Written dies and die cut 'friend' out in both Blushing Bride and Real Red cardstock, then glued them together at an offset. Then I stamped 'Hello' in Real Red ink from the coordinating stamp set Well Said

Lastly for embellishment, I added some of the Real Red gems from the retired From my Heart faceted gems collection. Since my card was pretty simple, I decided to add some more bling by adding some Wink of Stella on my stamped images and Crystal Effects on my die-cut sentiment. 

And that is my finished card...I hope you like it! This week's challenge really pushed me to be creative with this color combination. It took a while but I finally came up with something in the end. Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again next time! Happy crafting!

2 comments: