Sunday, August 11, 2019

Floral Essence

     It has been a while since I've done any crafting...life has just been too busy and crazy lately. And with all that time I've been away from my craft room, I seem to have lost my mojo. So what better way to get those creative juices flowing than a challenge, right?!

     This week at Global Design Project is a Color challenge.
With this color combination, I immediately thought that a floral themed card would work best. And so I came up with this card...
I stamped my flowers from the Floral Essence stamp set using Merry Merlot ink, then I spread the ink a little bit using my Aqua Painter. I then punched my images out using the coordinating Perennial Flower punch...I used four cut-outs to make one flower. I also added some Petal Pink rhinestone gems to the centers of my flowers for embellishment.

My leaves are from the same stamp set and are stamped in Mossy Meadow ink. I did some second generation stamping as well to get different shades of green. Then I used the coordinating Leaf punch to cut out my images. To tie in the Pretty Peacock color, I die cut my flower flourish from Well Written die set on a piece of Pretty Peacock foil from the Noble Peacock foil sheets. My sentiment from Beautiful Promenade stamp set is also white heat embossed on a strip of Pretty Peacock cardstock.

I used the Stitched Nested Labels die set to cut out my center frame in Whisper White and Pretty Peacock cardstock. Lastly, I used my Brick & Mortar embossing folder on a piece of Whisper White cardstock for my mat piece, which I layered on top of a Pretty Peacock cardstock. With a little fiddling and some floral arrangement, I ended up with this card!

I really enjoyed creating this card and getting back to my crafting groove. Hopefully this ends the lull and I'll have more ideas for my next projects. Thank you so much for stopping by and see ya next time! 

2 comments:

  1. Great card Phoebe! I didn't even think to use the Pretty Peacock Foil Card, but that certainly adds a great effect on your card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Cheryll! I had fun playing with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete