Monday, August 12, 2019

Pigment Sprinkles Fun

So I know I'm late in the game, but I just recently got to play with my Pigment Sprinkles. And seriously, I don't know what I was thinking waiting this long! These crystals are a-ma-zing! Very much like Brusho, but waaaay better in my opinion. Extremely pigmented and vibrant and gorgeous colors, I just loved experimenting with them.

There are lots of different techniques on how to use these sprinkles. One thing to remember with these though is that a little goes a long way. Seriously. You should've seen the mess I made the first time I played with these pigments.

Anyway I tried to think outside the box and today I added my sprinkles onto my texture paste and used some of my masks. I was originally going to use my embossing paste, but unfortunately it has dried up so much that it is hard as a rock so that's a no-go. I'm pretty sure that you will get pretty much the same results using either embossing or texture paste, so just use what you have.

Here's what I ended up with...
Aren't they so much fun?! This was so addictive, I had to force myself to stop. The texture paste muted the colors a little bit I think, making it look more pastel-like. This of course depends on the amount of pigment you use. I also like the ombre-effect it gave me, resulting in a DSP-like paper with the additional texture. How cool is that!? Some tips...don't over-mix your paste. This way you get lots of different colors on your piece. Also try to pull (or push) the paste from different directions so that you get a 'movement effect', if that makes any sense. And lastly, just have fun with it! :)

Here's the finished cards I created using these beautiful pieces. I had an accident with my last piece so I was only able to make these three cards. I'll do a more up-close look on how I created these in my next blog posts. 
Wasn't that just lots of fun!? Now I can't wait to get my new masks and play some more! And oh yeah, a new bottle of embossing paste too! :)  Hope you give this technique a try and have lots of fun with it too! See ya next time. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I just came here to your blog after seeing your Facebook post. All my gosh! Your cards are absolutely stunning. I am looking forward to seeing a video are getting instructions on how to do this. I have to try this...thank you so much for sharing your incredible talent

    ReplyDelete