Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hanging Garden Emboss Resist

Today I was able to play with my beautiful Hanging Garden stamp set. I bought this set because I thought it would be fun to color in these plants. For today's card though, I decided to do an emboss resist technique instead...just for fun.
This is an easy card to make, with just a bit of embossing and sponging.  First, I lightly lined my Whisper White cardstock at the 4-inch mark so that I know not to go past it with my stamping. This is where I will be tearing it later on.  I then stamped my planters with my Versamark ink, covered it with clear embossing powder, and set it with my heat gun. 
Clear heat embossed stamped images
Next step is to sponge ink onto the cardstock. I used three inks: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Soft Suede. I love sponging because it is such a quick and easy technique for transferring color, and so I use this technique a lot. 
Now because my images have been heat-embossed, it will resist absorbing the ink that I'm sponging onto my paper...thus why it's called the emboss resist technique.  To get cleaner and more crisp images, just gently wipe away the ink on top of the embossed images when done sponging. I then sprayed the whole piece with plain water just for additional effect. Once dry, I just tore the bottom part and adhered my piece onto the card base.
I wanted to add a bit of shine to my card, so I decided to use my Year of Cheer washi tape with my sentiment. This washi tape has beautiful gold foiled details...sadly though, this set has been retired. Moving on to my sentiment, I gold-embossed it onto a die-cut stitched oval piece of whisper white cardstock. I also lightly sponged the edges of the oval with Soft Suede before sticking it to my card base. Lastly for additional shine, I glued gold sequins in different sizes at the bottom of my card. 
And just like that, my card is done! I like how the colors turned out, especially with colors I don't usually use together. Well I hope you enjoyed this card crafters and hope to see you next time. Have a lovely day!

PRODUCTS USED:



No comments:

Post a Comment