Sunday, May 20, 2018

Rooted in Nature

     After a very busy past few weeks, I was finally able to play with my Rooted in Nature stamp set. Yay for me! This set was one of my must-haves...it was love at first sight. At OnStage we got to play with this set and I knew right then that this set is gonna be at the top of my wish list.
     
     I wanted to make quick and easy cards to start, nothing too fancy.  With this set, I don't think you need to be too fancy anyway since the images are so pretty already. So I came up with these two cards. They're very similar, just switched up a bit.

The card base I used for both cards is Fresh Fig. For the first card, I used a layering 
piece of Night of Navy and heat-embossed the leaves around the edges. I used both Gold and Silver embossing powders for this. My sentiment was stamped on a piece of vellum using Fresh Fig and then clear heat-embossed right after. I went for an organic look, so I tore the edges of the vellum, and then added shimmer (of course!) using my Wink of Stella. I added very little embellishment, using some glitter enamel dots and the gray ribbon which was a Sale-a-bration item. 

The second card is very similar. I first stamped my leaves on a piece of vellum using Fresh Fig and Rich Razzleberry ink pads, then clear heat-embossed them. I then added more leaves, gold heat-embossing them this time. I tore along the edges of the vellum again and glued it down to my card base. As a tip, I only put glue at the back of the gold leaves so that you can't see the glue spots. 

For my sentiment I used my Layering Circles Framelits and cut out the scalloped circle out of gold foil sheet, and my layering circle piece out of Fresh Fig. My sentiment is then gold heat-embossed, and layered on top of a 'nest' of gold and pink metallic thread.

So these are my first two cards out of this beautiful stamp set...I'm certain that there are many more to come! This set is just gorgeous! If you love Lovely as a Tree (and who doesn't?!?) you'll certainly love this one too! Look for this one in the new Annual Catalogue coming June 1st.

Well thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you next time! Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment