Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Springtime Butterfly

     As I've mentioned a few times already, one of my favorite items in the new catalogue is the Springtime Impressions Thinlits. If you need more reasons to love this die set too, here's more samples of how I used these dies to create simple and beautiful cards.

I made this simple card for the OnStage display board and as my swaps as well. They were pretty easy to make, let me show you how!

I used Whisper White for my card base and my layering piece, and Dapper Denim for my mat. I started by gold heat embossing my flower piece at the top left corner of my layering piece. This flower is the big die from the Springtime Impressions, cut out of a piece of fun foam so that I can stamp with it. 
I also gold heat embossed my sentiment at the bottom right corner...I used one from the Birthday Blossom stamp set. 

Next I die cut the butterfly in the middle. I just wanted to have the butterfly cut out so that my DSP could peek through. The DSP I used is from the Garden Impression stack, and the prints on these are perfect for a butterfly background. I just cut out a piece that's slightly bigger than my butterfly and taped it at the back. 
I wanted to stamp the butterfly outline, so I die cut the butterfly out of fun foam as well and used it as a stamp! I used Night of Navy ink pad for this as I thought black would be too harsh.
Now I could have left the card at this, but I wanted to step it up a bit more. So I die cut the butterfly out of vellum and covered it with Wink of Stella for some shimmer (coz' I love me some shimmer!). This was then just layered on top of my butterfly DSP. 
Then I just put together my layers and adhered it to my card base, and that is my simple butterfly card! Now wasn't that so simple? Here it is in black...
For this one, I just switched my mat piece to Sweet Sugarplum and white heat embossed my images instead of gold. My sentiment is from the Detailed with Love stamp set, and then for embellishment I just used some iridescent sequins.

Well I hope I've convinced you to get this beautiful thinlit set, it truly is a must-have in my opinion! Glad you stopped by today and I hope to see you next time! Happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment