Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Animal Outing

I simply do not know why it's taken me so long to finally play with this adorable stamp set, Animal Outing! I had gotten this at OnStage in April and only got to play with it now! (gasp!) I have no excuse...but thankfully I finally got around to play with it and make a project with it! Here's what I came up with.

I made these two very similar simple cards. I wanted a 'jungle' look, and the only leaves that I had that would work were the ones from Rooted in Nature (love this set!). I stamped my leaves randomly on a piece of Pool Party cardstock using Old Olive and Lemon Lime Twist. I also lightly sponged along the edges in Old Olive. 
On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, I stamped my animals and coloured them in with my markers. These were then cut out and then glued down onto my Soft Sky background piece. I also stamped some spare leaves, cut them out, then stuck these onto my Soft sky piece using mini-dimensionals
My sentiment is from Dragonfly Dreams, and I silver heat-embossed this on a strip of Night of Navy cardstock. For embellishment I just wrapped some silver baker's twine around my layering piece before adding my sentiment on top using more dimensionals. Then I just adhered this on top of my Very Vanilla card base. Of course I needed some sparkle, so I covered my dimensional leaves with some Wink of Stella.

And those are my cards for today, I hope you liked it. I had fun playing with this adorable set! I think it'd be so cute for some kid's birthday cards or baby shower cards. Anyway, I wish you all a lovely day. Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment