Monday, August 20, 2018

Anniversary card

Hello and welcome, thanks for stopping by! It has been a while since my last post, my apologies, but summer got really busy. Anyway I am back with another card idea for you folks...hopefully you'll like it.

Today happens to be our wedding anniversary...my husband and I are celebrating 8 wonderful years of marriage! Time flies when you're having fun! Anyway of course I had to make a card for him, and as I've mentioned before, I am not really good with masculine-themed cards. So I drew inspiration from a beautiful picture on our work e-mail program. Here it is...
 I thought the colors were just so brilliant! And being as it is nature, it is kinda neutral. So here is my card version of it...

This card was easy to make. I just sponged all my colors to replicate the picture. I used Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, Night of Navy, So Saffron and Grapefruit Grove ink pads. Then I just drew the horizon and 'mountains' with my black marker before stamping my tree from my fave set Rooted in Nature. The tree kinda blended in with the black mountains in the horizon, so I decided to put some random highlights using my white pen. 

The sentiment is from the stamp set Beautiful Bouquetwhite-heat embossed on a die-cut piece of black cardstock using a die from the Petals and More thinlits set. This was then just adhered using some dimensionals for a bit of interest. I wanted so much to add more embellishments, but my husband literally hates any bling on cards, so I had to restrain myself. I thought simpler is better (for this project anyways :) I couldn't resist adding a bit of Wink of Stella though!

I just layered this on a Basic Black cardstock and then adhered the whole piece onto a Very Vanilla card base. And that is my project for today! Once again thank you for dropping by and I hope to see you next time! 

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful. I can't wait for my stamp set to arrive. Love how you have created the sky.

    ReplyDelete