Thursday, August 02, 2018

International Highlights Winners Blog Hop: Travel


A few weeks ago I joined Kylie's International Blog Highlights for the first time, and surprisingly I made it to top four! Yay!!! So I wanna say a huge thank you to everyone who voted for my card, you guys rock! 

So as part of the top ten of the Blog Highlights, I get to participate in a blog hop with Kylie and all the very talented winners. And for this blog hop, we will have the same theme as before...travel. So let's have some fun!

This project took me so little time to make...from concept board right to production especially since I didn't have that much spare time to craft right now. We are going on holidays and my mind is already dreaming of the lake...hence my idea for this card. Here's what I came up with:
 
To make this card I started with a Thick Whisper White cardstock and drew my beach area and horizon. Then starting with the sky, I sponged the top half of the horizon with Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral. I just wanted a mixture of colors here, nothing precise since I will be smoothing out the colors with my Aqua Painter later on. I also added a huge sunset off to the side using my Calypso Coral. 
Next I started working on my beach area. I painted all over it with Sahara Sand ink, then added some Soft Suede for shading. I also tried giving it a 'sandy' effect by inking my sponge and then dabbing it onto my piece. This gave it a little bit of texture.
After my sky and beach were done, it was time to work on the water. I used some of my Magic Cover to trace my beach area and cut it out to use as a mask. I also covered up my sky before sponging all the exposed area with Pacific Point. Then for the waves I used the wave stamp from High Tide and stamped it with my Craft ink. Almost done!
Once everything was dry, I stamped my sentiment with Versamark ink right on the beach using a stamp from the Treehouse Adventures set and then White heat-embossed it. My lakefront cabin was from the same set, stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock using Early Espresso, Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight ink pads. I also stamped the welcome sign using Poppy Parade, then cut out my pieces to adhere to my art piece using dimensionals. I also stamped the birds in flight from the High Tide set using black ink.
Finally I created a frame for my art piece using a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and the ladder stamp from the same Treehouse Adventures set stamped in Early Espresso. I adhered this frame using some of our foam adhesive strips. And of course I had to have some shimmer somehow so I added Wink of Stella to my water and the sun. Then it was just a matter of sticking this whole piece onto a Very Vanilla card base. And that is my card, pretty simple to make!

I hope you enjoyed my project for this blog hop. I wish I could make it better somehow but I am simply on vacation mode already! Do keep hopping along and see what the other very talented winners have created. Cheers to crafting and to holidays! 

7 comments:

  1. So clever Phoebe. Worth of framing ... and I really like the frame! Thanks for sharing your process and have a great holiday at the lake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creativity, Phoebe! I especially like the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phoebe, the technique on this project is super cool!!! Thanks for sharing the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great technique! Love your card
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a work of art. You’ll be transported to the beach every time you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! So cool Phoebe, this card is amazing! So glad you played along for the first time and big congrats on making the top ten winners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card Phoebe. Looks like somewhere I would love to be. 😍

    ReplyDelete