Saturday, July 28, 2018

Ink & Share Blog Hop: Masculine theme

I have always found creating cards for men a bit daunting. One, because I love flowers and colors and sparkles...not exactly manly things. Two, because I just don't know what to create and how to embellish it. And lastly, because I simply do not own alot of stamp sets that scream 'masculine'. True, I can always use nature sets as they are mostly neutral, however I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone and explore and try to create something different. Needless to say, this month's Ink & Share blog hop is quite a challenge for me...luckily for me, I love a good ol' challenge!

For my project, I wanted to use my Country Livin' set. I got this set awhile ago but never actually got around to using it! This seems perfect for our blog hop's theme this month. And because I don't make alot of masculine cards, I decided to further challenge myself and create an interactive card this time around. I wanted my truck to move, so I designed this card...my take on the double slider card. 
Here's a video tutorial of how I created this card. I apologize for the lighting near the end, my camera was on lock mode and didn't adjust to the changing light conditions outside! Lesson learned haha. 

PRODUCTS USED:
Well I hope you enjoyed my contribution to our blog hop this month and thank you so much for stopping by! Do continue down the list of awesome crafters for more inspiration on masculine projects, just keep pressing the Next button. Happy crafting!


13 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interactive part! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re fun eh?! Thanks Victoria😊

      Delete
  3. This a WOW card for sure! I love how you mixed older and new stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fun card Phoebe. Your colouring is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card!!! I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the background!!!
    Jacqueline Bobeldijk

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the interaction - thanks for the video

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Phoebe! Thank you for participating in this month's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning card design. I love everything about it. Your sky looks amazing and the colors you choose are perfect. Love the way the truck moves. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete