Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Butterfly Gala

Butterflies are just so pretty, don't ya think so? I have been wanting to play with my gorgeous Butterfly Gala bundle for quite some time, and today was the day for that! This is what I came up with...
 This card was pretty easy and fun to make. I started by stamping the butterflies on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using my Memento ink pad. Then comes the fun part...coloring them in! I used my alcohol markers for this and then topped them all with Wink of Stella for some shimmer.
Cutting my butterflies out was easy with the help of the coordinating Butterfly Duet punch. Next I had a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock (5 1/4" x 5 1/4") and I covered it with a background stamp from the Artisan Textures stamp set in Soft Suede ink. Then I glued down my butterflies around the border of my cardstock, forming a frame. I decided to trim the excess yellow cardstock in my frame so that my butterflies lie against my Soft Suede card base instead, for more contrast. I also added small butterflies punched out from a Gold Foil Sheet and the SAB item Lovely Lipstick Foil Sheet.

My sentiment was white heat-embossed on a Starburst punched piece of Soft Suede, and mounted using dimensionals. Finally for a little bit of embellishment I added some Butterfly Elements, another SAB item.

And that is my card for today, I hope you liked it! Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my project, hopefully you got a bit of inspiration from these beautiful butterflies! And don't forget that Sale-a-bration is going on right now until the end of March, so if you want free goodies you better check it out. See ya next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment