Sunday, February 03, 2019

Incredible Like You

Had a chance to play with more of my new stuff, so today I chose to play with the Incredible Like You stamp set and paired it with the Doily Builder Thinlits. This project was inspired by the Global Design Project sketch challenge for this week and Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights as well, and here's what I created...

I started by stamping my images from the stamp set Incredible Like You on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then cutting them out (I used my Scan N Cut for this but they're easy to fussy cut as well). I used Highland Heather, Call Me Clover and Mango Melody for my inks. I also stamped the stripes on a piece of Mango Melody cardstock that's 1" x 4 1/8" using Mango Melody ink pad for a tone on tone effect. I did the same for my background piece which is Soft Sea Foam cardstock (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") that I stamped with the Crackle Paint background stamp using Soft Sea Foam ink pad.

To put my card together I glued down my Mango Melody striped piece onto my background mat layer, then wrapped the Highland Heather Organdy ribbon (free with Sale-a-bration!) around it. I adhered this piece onto my Highland Heather A2 size card base before adding my other layers.

 Next I added a die-cut doily in Whisper White using the Doily Builder thinlit...this thinlit set is just gorgeous! Then it was just a matter of layering my cut-out stamped images on top of my doily using glue and dimensionals. Finally my sentiment is from the Well Said stamp set, stamped in my black Memento ink on a strip of Whisper White cardstock.

To finish off my card I just added a few iridescent sequins, and covered my flowers in Wink of Stella for some shimmer. And that is my finished card. I'm not gonna lie, I had a hard time making this card to try to meet both challenges, but I'm quite happy with the end result! Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to vote for my card at Kylie's International Blog Highlights! Happy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, beautiful sentiment. Thanks for being part of my international highlights this month! All the best with the voting Phoebe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Kylie!! Had fun joining this month’s challenge😊

      Delete