Thursday, February 21, 2019

Puppy Love

I am a huge dog lover. And so when Stampin' Up! released another stamp set with dogs, I just had to buy it. Add to the bundle a dog punch and I'm in seventh heaven! :)

So today I got to play with the adorable Happy Tails bundle and made this simple card. 
To make my card I started with the star of the show, the dog! I stamped the outline of the dog in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then white heat-embossed the spots. To color the dog I used my Pumpkin Pie and Crumb Cake ink pads and AquaPainter to start, then added some brown using my Early Espresso watercolor pencil for some shading. Cutting out my image was easy with the help of the coordinating Dog Builder Punch.

I cut the butterfly out from the Sale-a-bration item Botanical Butterfly DSP using the Butterfly Duet punch. I then glued down my dog and butterfly on a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock that I cut out using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits. (I trimmed my piece down to a smaller rectangle to fit my dog better.)

Next, the sentiment was white heat-embossed on a square piece of Night of Navy cardstock that I cut out using the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Then I just added a paw print with the sentiment piece, for fun!

To put my card together I used Smoky Slate (A2 sized) for my card base. I then added a layering piece of DSP from the Needlepoint Nook collection (4" x 5 1/4"). Next I wrapped some Silver Baker's Twine around my dog piece before adhering it onto my card. Finally my sentiment piece is added using dimensionals

And that is my super simple card for today, hope you liked it. My adorable dog Tayla was the inspiration behind this card. I didn't quite capture her likeness in this card, but close enough! :) Hope to see you next time and happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment