Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Painting with Versamark

Are you like me...not very fond of fussy cutting or cutting up masks for every image I want covered so that I can color the background how I want it? Sometimes not all images can be completely fussy cut either, there's inside pieces that I just don't have the patience nor the time to cut off. So I started thinking...what if I modify the emboss resist technique and paint with Versamark instead? So experiment I did...

First I tried painting directly with Versamark ink refill. It kinda worked, but the ink is too thick and it didn't make for an even embossing. So I tried thinning out the ink, but no luck there. I was about to give up when I thought, heck, why not just try inking my brush directly from the pad??? So try it I did, and success! Mind blown!

Here's a short video on how I did this technique...
I am so happy to discover this technique, it just opens up so many other possibilities!! Here's another card I made using this technique.
And here's how I made it...
 I stamped the birds from the Free as a Bird set using Memento ink
 Colored my images in using my Blends
 Painted my images with Versamark, covered with clear embossing powder and heat-set
And finally sponged my background using Mango Melody, Terracotta Tile and Merry Merlot. I added a Mango Melody mat piece using my Ornate Layers Dies, added my Baker's twine, and adhered the whole piece to my Crumb Cake card base. My sentiment is from Beautiful You on a piece of Whisper White piece die cut with a Stitched Nested Labels die. Lastly I added some rhinestones for embellishment.

Now isn't that such a fun technique?!?! I can't wait for you to try it and see what you create! Thanks for stopping by, and as always, keep safe and happy crafting! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment