Sunday, April 12, 2020

Pigment Sprinkles Baby Wipe Technique

     Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are all staying safe at home wherever you are. Thankfully it was a long weekend, so I had time to craft for the first time in ages! Yay for me!
     So today I decided to play with my Pigment Sprinkles once again. This stuff is so much fun to play with, the possibilities are just endless! I discovered a new technique on how to use these...the baby wipe technique! Super quick and easy, and dare I say a less messy way to using this powder? Check out my short video down below on how I did this technique :)

     Now that was super easy right?!? So what did I do with those pieces I created you ask? Well I turned them into these cards!
      This card was made using the sheet on the right from my first play with this technique. I sprayed the sheet with my shimmer spray (Frost White shimmer paint + water) so the colors blended more. I used my Magnolia Memory Dies and some copper foil for my flowers and leaves and the Hammered Metal 3D embossing folder on Whisper White cardstock. My sentiment is from the Magnolia Blooms stamp set which I copper heat-embossed on a strip of Whisper White cardstock. I then added a faceted dot (retired) in the middle of the flowers for embellishment.
     I used the sheet on the left (first set) to create this simple card. The colors of the sheet made me think of a daisy, so I made a daisy card. I stamped my daisies from Daisy Lane using Merry Merlot ink, then punched those out using the medium and big Daisy Punch. I stamped the leaves from the same stamp set multiple times on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Mossy Meadow before running it through my BigShot with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. My sentiment was from the Forever Blossoms stamp set which I white heat-embossed on a strip of Cajun Craze cardstock. I used a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock for my mat piece and then for the center of my daisy I added a Gold Glitter Enamel Dot.

      This sheet was the one on the right (2nd set). It made me think of a sunset, so I created a silhouette card using my Soft Spring stamp set and Memento ink. My sentiment is from the SAB set Power of Hope, which I white heat embossed on a strip of Basic Black cardstock. I used a Basic Black mat piece and added the ribbon from the Tea Room combo for embellishment. Done.
      Lastly this sheet made me think of Easter with all it's vibrant colors. So I cut it using a die from my Ornate Layers, added the bunny from Fable Friends stamp set, stamped my sentiment using Memento ink on a Whisper White piece that I cut using my Label Me Fancy punch. I used another sheet of Whisper White that I ran through my BigShot with my Subtle 3D embossing folder for my mat piece. Lastly I added white ribbon (retired) for embellishment.

     And those are my cards for today! Boy, that was a busy long weekend for me! Anyway I do thank you for stopping by, I do hope you get to try this technique and have fun with your pigment sprinkles. Always stay safe, and see you next time! Happy crafting!
     

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, yhank you for sharing, will definitely give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes, do give it a go. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete