Sunday, March 10, 2019

Shimmery Lovely Lattice

I have been playing around with my Lovely Lattice stamp set from Sale-a-bration, trying to find the best medium to color the beautiful image. I've tried my alcohol markers, watercolor pencils, even Brusho! Although these worked just fine, I just wasn't satisfied. I wanted something else...something different. Enter the shimmer paints!

Yes, I colored my image with shimmer paints! I love anything sparkly anyway, so this is the perfect solution. The images just popped with these paints, and I am very satisfied with the end result.
For my card I started by white heat-embossing my images on a piece of Night of Navy cardstock. Then I colored them in using my Aqua Painter and various shimmer paints (some are now retired): Frost White, Vegas Gold and Bright Copper. Once colored in I cut out my images. I also white heat-embossed my sentiment from the Rooted in Nature stamp set before fussy cutting it.
Next I ran a piece of Night of Navy cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") through my Big Shot with my Subtle embossing folder for added texture. I then wrapped a Silver Metallic Ribbon around my card before gluing down my images. I adhered my sentiment last using dimensionals. This whole piece was then added on to my Smoky Slate card base (A2 size) using more dimensionals, and added a few Pearl Basic Jewels for embellishment.

And that is my card for today, simple coloring for the gorgeous lattice image! Quick and easy, no shading needed, with maximum impact...gotta love that! I hope you guys liked today's project and thank you for stopping by today. Hope to see you next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment