Saturday, March 09, 2019

Sweet Hello Cupcake

Today I am inspired by Global Design Project's challenge of the week...sweeter than candy! This challenge gave me the chance to play with my Sale-a-bration item, the Hello Cupcake stamp set. Here's what I came up with...
Because of the theme for this challenge, I wanted to create a fun and playful card with lots of vibrant colors. And so for the cupcakes I used the following ink pads: Lovely Lipstick, Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo and Mango Melody. I stamped my cupcake and used my Aqua Painter to spread the ink out, and then fussy cut my images.
My circles are die-cut pieces using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Mango Melody, Smoky Slate and Bermuda Bay cardstock

To put my card together I adhered a piece of the Share What You Love DSP on a piece of Whisper White cardstock (4 1/8" x 5 3/8"). Then I added my stitched circles and mounted my cupcakes using dimensionals. I wrapped a ribbon along the edge of my DSP and added a bow (I used a retired Bermuda Bay ribbon from past SAB). Next I added my cupcake topper by creating a banner using Flirty Flamingo cardstock and wrapping it around a toothpick. This whole card front was then adhered to my Whisper White card base (A2 size).

To finish off my card I added flowers to my cupcakes from the same stamp set, covered them with Wink of Stella for some shimmer, and topped them with Happiness Blooms enamel dots. I couldn't resist adding more shimmer to my card so I covered my cupcake topper with some Wink of Stella as well!

And that is my project for today, a sweet and playful birthday card. Hope you guys liked it. Thank you for stopping by today and hope to see you next time. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment