Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Dandelion Wishes meet Brusho

 I can't believe I waited this long to finally play with the Brusho crystals!!! I was unsure of it at first, skeptical whether I'd even like it. And so I waited. But then I kept seeing all these wonderful watercolor projects using Brusho, and now I'm regretting waiting this long! Now I can't stop playing with these watercolor crystals.
I started by experimenting with them. It is very different from other watercolor mediums that I have ever used being that they are in powder form and are activated by water. These are extremely vibrant! Just a little of it goes a long way...which is great considering I've been playing with them alot!
For my card today I decided to create a simple background using Brusho. Nothing fancy, I wanted it to be easy and simple. I started my card by sponging randomly all over my Whisper White cardstock (4 1/4 x 5 1/2") in Coastal Cabana and Mango Melody. I'm just creating a base color for my card. Then I taped my cardstock onto my mat, sprinkled Brusho all over (I used a little bit of Moss Green, Prussian Blue and Yellow), and then sprayed it with water (hence the taping to prevent my paper from curling). A quick zap of my heat gun and my background piece is done. I then trimmed this piece down to 3 3/4 x 5".

Once my cardstock is completely dry, I stamped my beautiful dandelions from Dandelion Wishes using Versamark and covered it with white embossing powder. Another zap of my heat gun and my card is just about done! 

I punched out a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Tailored Tag punch and stamped my sentiment on it from the same stamp set. I sponged the edges with Mango Melody for additional effect, wrapped a piece of Silver metallic-edged ribbon around my art piece, before adhering my sentiment onto my card using dimensionals. This whole piece was then layered on top of a piece of Mango Melody cardstock (4 x 5 1/4"), before adhering it to a Whisper White A2 sized card base. 

And that is my finished card. It turned out better than I expected it to be, especially since this was my first play with Brusho! I am loving this product...so vibrant and versatile, I've got a whole lot of experimenting to do for sure! Well thank you for visiting and hope to see you next time! Happy crafting!!! :)

1 comment: