Saturday, June 30, 2018

Heartfelt Hugs combos

   One of my must-haves from the new catalogue is the beautiful distInktive stamp set Healing Hugs. This set  is so gorgeous and unique in that they produce photo-realistic stamped images without having to do three (or more) steps. The stamps have a special texture, giving lots of depth and dimension. How cool is that?! 

Today I decided to play with this set and just experiment with all the possible color combinations I can create with the beautiful flower. You can stamp it with a single color, or have lots of fun and mix-and-match two or more colors for more depth. Well I played today with a few colors, and here are the combinations that I got. Top color is the base and the bottom is the layering color.
I made a few, as you can see. At first I was using the sponge daubers to add my second color, but I wasn't getting very vibrant colors and I was losing the details of the image. And so I tried a different approach. 
For this method I used my Stamparatus. I first stamped my flower in the base color, inked up my stamp again with my layering color and wiped off the center before stamping again. This is a bit messier for sure, but it gave me better results in my opinion.

      Here's a side-by-side comparison of a sponged flower (left) and my wiping method flower (right), using the same colors:
I like them both, but I think I prefer the more vibrant colors the wiping method gives me. After doing this almost forty times though, my hands looked like this in the end:
Haha owell, as my grade school Art teacher once told me...an artist's hand is always dirty!!! Well today I feel like a true artist for sure! LOL.

So anyway, what is your favorite combination? I can't make up my mind which one is my favorite...they're all so pretty! Well thank you for stopping by and I hope you all have a lovely day. See you next time and happy crafting!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment