Saturday, October 13, 2018

Purple Blizzard

It is currently snowing outside...how sad is that?! It is mid-October, supposedly Fall, but apparently that season doesn't exist anymore. We jumped from a smokey summer, straight into winter it seems. Owell, more time for me to play in my craft room I guess! 

So to match the weather outside, I decided to play with my Blizzard thinlits die. I love pretty snowflakes, and this big die is jam-packed with 'em! Here's what I came up with...
I started with my background using my F block, Berry Burst and Pacific Point inks, and my spray bottle. I just dabbed bits of my ink on my big block, sprayed it generously with water, and then applied my piece of Whisper White cardstock right on top of it. This makes for a super quick and easy background piece. I then used my heat gun to dry off my piece.
Next I die cut this piece using my Blizzard die, and saved all the cut up snowflakes for another card. I sprayed it with my shimmer spray which consists of a few drops of Frost White shimmer paint and water in a spray bottle. Then I trimmed my blizzard piece to        3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and layered it on a piece of Basic Gray cardstock that is 4" x 5 1/4". This whole piece was then layered again on a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock before adhering it on an A2 size Whisper White card base.

My sentiment is from the gorgeous Snow is Glistening stamp set which I heat embossed in white and silver (I couldn't decide which one was better) on a strip of Gorgeous Grape. For embellishment I die-cut a snowflake using the Snowfall Thinlits die on a silver glimmer paper. Finally I added rhinestone basic jewels in the center of my snowflakes for a little accent. 
Now I couldn't very well waste my beautiful cut-up snowflakes so I decided to use them up in another card. I adhered the snowflakes on a Basic Gray cardstock that is 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". Then I sprayed it with my shimmer spray before adhering it to my Whisper White card base. I used the same sentiment and again added rhinestones to the centers of the snowflakes.
And those are my cards for today! Hopefully this gave you a bit of inspiration in using those beautiful dies. Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you next time! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment