Monday, October 22, 2018

Thinlits to Stamps

Have you ever looked at one of your thinlits or dies and wished that you could stamp with that image? Well I have, and so I've played around with my thinlits and created my own stamps with them. All you need is craft foam...super easy!

Today I played with my Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits. I wanted a big poinsettia with leaves, but unfortunately the coordinating stamp set did not have this image. So I went on to make my own. I just die cut my images on a piece of craft foam and mounted these pieces onto my acrylic blocks and voila! Instant stamps...how easy was that?!
For my card I decided to gold heat emboss my images on a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/4"). I made two of these since I was making a total of four cards. Then I just cut my embossed piece in half and layered it on top of a gold foil sheet.
Next I used my Buffalo Check background stamp and stamped on two pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") using my Mossy Meadow ink pad, and then cut these in half as well. 
I used my 2" circle punch to cut out my Mossy Meadow circle pieces, as well as my Starburst punch for my Very Vanilla layering piece. My sentiment comes from the set Snowflake Sentiments, which I gold heat embossed.
Lastly for embellishment I just die cut the same leaf image from the Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits on a piece of gold foil sheet with the multipurpose adhesive sheet stuck at the back. Then it was just assembling everything on top of an A2 sized Very Vanilla card base.
And these are my simple cards for today. With all of our beautiful thinlits, the possibilities are just endless! I hope you liked today's cards and my quick tip as well. Happy crafting and see you next time!

8 comments:

  1. what? that is a great idea. I wished that the poinsettia had a stamp too, now it will. love it! now I have to go buy some craft foam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! More use for our dies. Have fun!!!😊

      Delete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! I'm loving that buffalo check stamp, and love how you used it with the foam diecuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what adhesivwe do you use to attach craft foam to acrylic blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use adhesive-backed craft foam, but plain craft foam works too if you put a little bit of snail on your block. It’s easy to rub the snail off the block when you’re done. Hope that helps😊

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete