Friday, October 19, 2018

Snowflakes Galore

I just recently finished a big order of handmade cards, and because of this, I realized how much I appreciate making cards that are super easy and quick to make but with pizzazz and appeal. So for today's project I decided to make simple cards featuring the beautiful snowflakes in the Blizzard Thinlits and Snowfall Thinlits (Part of the Snowflake Showcase which will be available all of November. Contact me for ordering details!) Here's what I came up with...
I started with two pieces of Whisper White cardstock that is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I wanted to emboss these with my Blizzard thinlit die, so I used my silicone mat for this (I do not currently own the Embossing mat) and ran it through my Big Shot. My layers were as follows: Base plate, silicone mat (or Embossing mat if you have it), cardstock, thinlit, and finally the top plate. I added some paper shims to make it snugger (as needed).

Next I sponged my embossed pieces using Calypso Coral, Merry Merlot, and Crushed Curry ink pads. Finally to make my colors blend better I sprayed it with my shimmer spray (Frost White Shimmer Paint + water). I then just cut up these pieces in half for my four cards.
Moving on to my die-cut snowflakes, I used the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and adhered it to the back of a piece of Gold Foil Sheet to make it easier for me to assemble my card later on. I then die cut multiple snowflakes in different sizes using the gorgeous Snowfall Thinlits.

To assemble my card, I layered my sponged piece on top of a Merry Merlot piece of cardstock 2 3/8" x 5 1/2". This whole piece was then adhered to my A2 sized Very Vanilla card base. I then stamped my sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad which is from the Half Full stamp set, and finally just stuck my snowflake die-cuts randomly on the card. 

Now how simple was that?! I enjoyed making these cards and exploring more non-traditional Christmas colors. Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you next time. Happy crafting!



2 comments: