Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Snow Is Glistening

My pre-order just arrived and I just HAD to play! I didn't have much time to play lately as I was finishing up an order of 60 different cards for all occasions, and boy was that ever a big task. But I am finally done, and now it's time to play! 

I pre-ordered the beautiful stamp sets and thinlits from the Snowflake Showcase, and wow, they are all absolutely amazing! 
So right away I dove into my new sets and played with the Snow is Glistening stamp set...just gorgeous! I made this card using just this one stamp set...don't you just love those all-around sets?! I sure do!
I started by stamping my snowflake border stamp all around my piece of Night of Navy cardstock (5 1/4" x 4") in Versamark ink. This was then covered in gold embossing powder and heat-set. 
Then I cut my gold foil sheet to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and trimmed the inside to use as my mat for the tree (3" x 4 1/4"). My Whisper White piece is 2 3/4" x 4", with the tree stamped onto it using Night of Navy ink pad. And my sentiment was gold heat-embossed onto a double piece of vellum to make it stand out more against the tree. 
Finally the star on top of the tree was from a retired metallic sequin assortment. And that is my simple card for today. I think this will be a fantastic project for a make and take...simple, easy, using minimal supplies but producing maximum impact!

Thank you for stopping by today and hopefully now that I have finished the big order, I can have more time to play and do more blog posts. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment