Sunday, March 18, 2018

Birthday Blossoms GDP129

     I did it again...I completely lost track of time! I've been busy all weekend trying to finish my samples for the Display Board for Onstage, and I totally forgot about doing the color challenge for this week's Global Design Project 129. I literally have two hours left to design and create a card for this challenge...no pressure at all!!!

     So with my time limit, I resorted to using one of the stamp sets that I've used recently in one of my cards...and that is the Birthday Blossoms stamp set. This week's color challenge involves using Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, and Calypso Coral, so I thought that a floral theme will work well with this.

     Here's my finished card. I used the cluster of small flowers and colored them in with both Soft Suede and Calypso Coral. I smooshed Soft Suede onto my acrylic block and dabbed my Blender pen on this to put shading on my flowers first. Then I did the same thing with Calypso Coral, but I used my Aqua Painter brush this time since I wanted a softer wash of color to fill in my flowers.

     To fill in the blank spaces, I used the splatter stamp from Timeless Textures stamp set using my Pear Pizzazz ink pad. I also cut up a 4 x 1 1/2" piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock and used my Petal Pair embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot for additional texture. Then I wrapped a piece of the Calypso Coral shimmer ribbon (SAB item) around it. 

     My sentiment is from Colorful Seasons stamp set and I stamped it using my Soft Suede ink pad, die-cut it using my Stitched Shapes Framelits die and then sponged the edges with Soft Suede. For embellishment I just added a couple of the rhinestone jewels for a little shimmer. Finally I just adhered the whole art piece onto a piece of A2 size Soft Suede cardstock. 

     Phew! Well, that was quite the challenge! Anyway, thank you so much for dropping by again and I hope to see you next time! I wish you all a lovely week to come. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment