Sunday, March 11, 2018

Falling Flowers GDP#128

     It's Sunday and it's time for another Global Design Project challenge! This week it is a CASE the Designer challenge, and we have a beautiful card designed by Steffi Helmschrott as the  basis of our project. If you don't know what GDP is, just click on the link and embark on a creative adventure every week...you'll be amazed and inspired by the creativity of talented people from all over the world!
     What a beautiful card to CASE, right?! So for my card I decided to stick with the floral theme and bring out my Falling Flowers stamp set. It's been a while since I've used this set and the coordinating May Flowers Framelits dies, and this project just rekindled my love for this set. 
     I started by stamping my images with my Basic Black ink pad on a piece of vellum. I then poured clear embossing powder over my images and heat-set them. (If you're quick, you can heat emboss using any ink pad and not just Versamark.) Next is just coloring all my images, and for this I just used my watercolor pens. I tried using my alcohol markers first, but the colors were just not vibrant enough on the vellum, and so I switched markers.
     After all my images were colored in, I proceeded with die-cutting them using my Big Shot and the coordinating dies. I also die-cut a circle on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using my Stitched Shapes Framelits dies (I used the biggest circle die). This will be the base of my flower bunch. 
     To make it easier for myself, I stuck a bunch of double-sided tape onto my circle piece so that I can just keep arranging and sticking my pieces onto my circle without the fuss of gluing. This made the process quicker and so much easier. For my sentiment I used a stamp from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and white heat-embossed this on a piece of Basic Black cardstock. After trimming my sentiment piece, I just added it onto my circle piece.
     For my card base I used a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock cut at 7 1/2 x 9". I put a piece of silver ribbon onto my card base first before adhering my circle piece at the right bottom corner using dimensionals. Finally I just added a few rhinestone jewels all over the card to finish it off. 
     And here is my finished card. I hope you enjoyed my simple card for today crafters and I hope you all have a lovely day! See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment