Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sweet Little Something Easter card

     Hello crafting friends. Today's card was inspired by the Global Design Project challenge of the week: a sketch challenge! 
     And since Easter is upon us, I decided to make a bunny card using my Sweet Little Something stamp set. This is a super cute 3-Step stamp set that's super easy to use...just adorable!
     I wanted my Easter card to be bright and colorful, so I used my Springtime Foils DSP (an SAB item!) and sponged it in diagonal stripes using Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Tempting Turquoise. This technique is just a quick and easy method of transferring ink which helps me to step up my DSP...just look at how vibrant those colors are!
    Moving on to my bunny, I stamped it using Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso ink pads. I just fussy cut it and glued it to my die-cut Whisper White stitched circle with the edges sponged with Crumb Cake. My sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped on a punched out banner using the Duet Banner punch. I just sponged the edges again with Crumb Cake and then covered it with Wink of Stella for some shimmer. Some iridescent sequins were added for a little bit of embellishment. 

     To put my card together, I first adhered a piece of Flirty Flamingo onto my A2 size card base. I then layered my DSP on top of a piece of Peekaboo Peach cardstock and wrapped some linen thread around both pieces, before sticking this whole piece onto my card base. Finally the bunny piece was added, and as a final touch I just added a bow using the gold ribbon.

     And that is my card for today, I hope you guys liked it! Thanks again for stopping by and hope to see you next time. Happy Easter and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment