Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Coloring Southern Serenade

     Today I felt like doing a little bit of coloring so I started to play with my Southern Serenade stamp set again. I didn't have a plan in mind as to how my finished card would look like, all I knew was that I was gonna use my markers and just color my images. So here's what I came up with...
     To make this card, I started with a Very Vanilla card base (A2 size), and a layering piece of Whisper White cardstock (4 x 5 1/4"). I stamped my flowers all around my layering piece using my Memento ink pad, and then colored my flowers in. After that I colored the whole background in using my grey marker. 

     Once I was done coloring I moved on to my sentiment. I punched out a piece of Tip Top Taupe using my Pretty Label Punch and then stamped my sentiment from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set. This set was one of the first sets I ever owned, and it's awesome that I can still use it to this day!
     Moving on, I die cut swirls using my Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies on Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive cardstock. To put my card together, I first wrapped a piece of mini-stripes tip top taupe ribbon around my art piece and then layered this piece on top of my card base. I then glued my swirls on and then stuck my sentiment piece using dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added some rhinestone jewels.
     And that is my card for today, I hope you liked it. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you next time! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment