Sunday, July 01, 2018

Doilies & Brusho

Hello and welcome. Today, I decided to participate in the Global Design Project challenge of the week. It has been a while since I last played along with their challenges, and since it's a long weekend (Happy Canada day!!!) I have time to play! Yay!

Their challenge this week is CASE the Designer, and we have a beautiful card to CASE from the talented Charlet Mallett.
What an inspiration, right!? From her card, I decided to CASE her use of the pearlized doily and the banner cut. I wanted to play more with the Brushos, so I took them out and used them to create my background piece, using the doily as a stencil (super quick video down below). This was such a fun and easy background piece to create, reminds me of a tie-dyed shirt! 
To finish off my card, I trimmed my background piece, layered it on top of a Basic Black cardstock, and this whole piece was adhered to my Mango Melody A2 sized card base. My sentiment is from the Love What You Do stamp set, stamped onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock then trimmed one side into a banner. I added a piece of Copper Foil sheet before adhering my sentiment onto my card with dimensionals. For embellishment I just added a piece of Glitter enamel dot onto my sentiment.
And that is my super simple card for the day! It was fun to play along with the GDP again, so much inspiration from lots of talented people! Thank you for stopping by today and hope to see you next time! Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment