Friday, July 20, 2018

Delightfully Detailed Specialty Paper and Brushos 2-for-1 card

Today I found myself playing with my beautiful Delightfully Detailed laser-cut paper. This specialty paper is simply gorgeous! Add these to any project and it instantly transforms it into a wow-project.
Now of course I had to play with my Brushos as well! So I trimmed up a piece of my specialty paper so that I can use this as a stencil for my Brushos. Because I will be saturating my paper quite heavily, I opted to use a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock for my art piece. Here's a short video of what I did.
And to turn these into cards, I kept it simple. I trimmed my painted card background piece and layered it on top of Whisper White cardstock before adhering to my Real Red card base (A2 size). My sentiment is from the set Detailed with Love, which I white heat-embossed on a die-cut piece of Real Red cardstock using a die from Petals & More Thinlits. And finally for embellishment I just added some Rhinestone jewels.
Of course being a hoarder, I can't bear to throw away my beautiful laser cut paper that I used as a stencil! I just had to use it a well! So I just added a little more color onto it with my Brushos to make the colors pop even more. My paper was curling up after drying, so I just sandwiched it inside a piece of copy paper and ran it through my Big Shot to flatten it. This made it easier for me to glue it down onto my Basic Black cardstock. I then layered this onto a piece of Real Red, then finally onto my Whisper White card base.

For my sentiment on this card I chose a stamp from the set Floral Frames, which I white heat-embossed on a die-cut piece of Real Red cardstock using a die from Rose Garden Thinlits. I then added some Rhinestone jewels again for a little bit of embellishment.

And that is my project for today...I hope you enjoyed them! Cheers to more experimenting, crafting and creating! :)


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea with making this card. Thank you for the details so others may make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, and you’re most welcome😊

      Delete