Thursday, July 26, 2018

Sweet Little Birthday card

I had to make a card for a co-worker's birthday, so I created this sweet little card for such a sweet and thoughtful person! I sure hope she likes it.
I started by sponging a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana and So Saffron. Nothing precise, just a quick transfer of color. Then to help blend it all out, I sprayed it generously with good old water. This made the colors soften a bit. 
Once completely dry I started with my heat embossing. I used the cute flowers from the stamp set HedgeHugs, one of the sets that I haven't used in a while! I stamped the images using Versamark ink and then silver heat-embossed them. It looks like such a cute DSP don't ya think?!
I then cut out the center with a die from the Layering Circles Framelits, and also a scalloped piece on a piece of So Saffron cardstock for the frame. I layered my art piece on top of a So Saffron mat with the center cut out, and then this was then adhered to my Whisper White card base. Finally I stamped my sentiment from the Special Celebrations set using my Flirty Flamingo ink pad.

For embellishments I used the bird from the beautiful Petal Palette stamp set and stamped it in Gray Granite. I die-cut it using the coordinating die from the Petals & More Thinlits, and also the leaves on a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock. Finally I added a bow using our Silver Baker's Twine

And that is my card for today. Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you next time! Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment