Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Travel & Explore

Hello and welcome! Today I am participating in Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlight for the very first time...eek! It is a monthly challenge, and the top ten winners will get to be part of an international blog hop so feel free to vote for my project! :)  This month the theme is Travel...how fun! I can feel the creative juices flowing! Haha.

Here's what I came up with...
For my project I wanted to create a background using Brushos. I just could not play with these enough...I think I'm addicted! I ended up using all the colors, first creating a wash of the Yellow with my Aqua Painter and then creating my shades using all the other colors. Super easy to make a pretty background with these because I found that Brushos are very forgiving and a lot of fun to use!
Once my background was dry enough, it was time for some stamping fun. I used the beautiful tree images from my favorite stamp sets Rooted in Nature and Lovely as a Tree. The cyclist is from Enjoy Life, another gorgeous set. And the birds are from the set High Tide.
Finally I custom-made my sentiment using the Make a Difference stamp set, and then layered it on top of some Gold foil sheet. To assemble my card, I just layered my trimmed art piece on top of a Basic Black cardstock before adhering to my Very Vanilla card base.

And that is my card for today! Doesn't it make you want to go out and explore? Anyway thank you again for stopping by today and don't forget to vote for me! Happy crafting!!!
http://www.craftykylie.com/2018/07/kylies-international-blog-highlights.html








6 comments:

  1. Hey Phoebe, welcome to Kylie's International Blog Highlight. I am loving your card, and the step by step to creating that gorgeous background is fantastic! Good luck in the voting and hope to see your lovely cards in the gallery again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an Amazing card, Phoebe! I just love the gorgeous brusho background - you've nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessandra! I am absolutely enjoying my Brushos as of late!😊

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning Phoebe. I love everything about your card. TFS

    ReplyDelete