Saturday, November 17, 2018

Beauty in Simplicity

So in keeping with the simple stamping challenge, I dared to take another stab at it. Simple stamping is indeed proving to be quite a challenge for me as this is not my style at all. I tend to like creating more detailed and intricate cards, and I do love my techniques! So to just put ink onto paper and leave it as is is difficult for me, but after these cards, I must agree that sometimes simple can be utterly beautiful!
I used the absolutely beautiful host set Very Vintage for my simple stamping cards today. The images on this set are just gorgeous, which makes creating a simple stamping card really easy! So easy in fact that I created four cards of varying colors in less than ten minutes. Simple and super easy and quick to make...perfect!
For the white card I stamped my images using Soft Suede on a piece of Whisper White cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") and layered it on top of a Crumb Cake mat piece (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") before mounting the whole piece on my card base (I used A2 sized Whisper White card bases for all cards).

The blue card was done by stamping my images in Pacific Point ink on a piece of Pool Party cardstock and then layered on top of Pacific Point mat piece. 

For the pink one, I stamped my images using Berry Burst ink on a Powder Pink cardstock which I then layered on top of a Berry Burst mat piece.

And lastly, my favorite one I think is the Very Vanilla card. My images were stamped in Soft Suede and then I layered this piece on a Crumb Cake mat piece.  

So as I have said these cards are super easy to make, but as you can see, they surely are not lacking in beauty. These will be awesome for your first-time stampers who thinks that card-making is a complicated thing. 

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll have fun with the simple stamping challenge! Hope to see you next time and happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment