Saturday, November 10, 2018

Buffalo Check Meets Detailed Poinsettia

So while I am so bummed about missing the big 30th anniversary OnStage celebration in Orlando, I tried to use my time making more Christmas cards instead. I wanted to use some of the supplies that I haven't used in a while now. Enter the Embossing Paste! My embossing paste has been hiding in one of my craft cabinets, I can't even remember the last time that I used it! Along with my embossing paste, I also used my Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I forgot that I even had this glitter...crazy!!! 

So this is the card that I came up with using both old and new supplies in my craft room. 
I started with a Merry Merlot piece of cardstock (A2 size that later I trimmed down to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8") and stamped my Buffalo Check background in Night of Navy. Next I used a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock and die cut my poinsettia corner piece from the beautiful Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits set. I then used this as my stencil.

I placed my stencil on top of my stamped buffalo check piece and applied some embossing paste on it. After taking off my stencil, I then sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on my embossed images to make it super sparkly!
Lastly my sentiments came from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set, which I white heat embossed onto my card. I trimmed my piece and then adhered it to a Whisper White card base. Since it was already super sparkly from the Dazzling Diamonds, I decided that it didn't need any more embellishments. 

And so this is my card for today. Super easy to make, and I just love the results! Plus I'm happy that I was able to utilize my neglected craft supplies again. Thanks for stopping by and see you next time! I'm off to more snooping as to what new goodies we get in the new catty!

No comments:

Post a Comment