Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Simple Stamping

Sadly I didn't get to attend the most recent OnStage in Orlando but from what I've been reading, we are being reminded of how important it is to keep projects simple...a back-to-basics, simple stamping! So I took that advise and created simple cards for today. Super easy to make (which I love, who doesn't?!), but still pretty. Here it is, hope ya like it!
So for these cards I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock ( 4" x 5 1/4") and stamped it with my Buffalo Check background stamp with my Merry Merlot ink pad. I wasn't quite satisfied with my background so I added a few lines using my black and gold markers. Easy to do but really changes it up alot!
Next I stamped my trees from the gorgeous Winter Woods stamp set on another piece of Whisper White cardstock (3 1/2" by 2 7/8") using my Versamark ink pad, and then covered it with gold embossing powder. I heat-set my image and then just lightly sponged the borders with Soft Suede to make the trees pop a little bit. Then I stamped my sentiment (from the sadly retired Blended Seasons stamp set) on strips of Whisper White and Merry Merlot cardstock. I stamped it with Merry Merlot on the white strip, and to change it up a bit I gold heat-embossed it on the Merry Merlot one.
To assemble my card, I created mats with my gold foil sheet. I cut up a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece and then cut inside it for the smaller mat which is 3 5/8" x 3", just to save up on paper! I layered my pieces and adhered it to my Whisper White A2 size cardbase, and then just added a bow using the Merry Merlot/Copper ribbon as a final touch!

And that is my project for today, I tried to keep it simple and sweet! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you next time. Happy crafting!

2 comments: