Monday, November 12, 2018

Another Twist & Pop Card

So my friend asked me to make a special card for her grandma who's turning 100. I mean, of course I'll do it! But 100, man, that's a very special birthday to say the least! And what do I make for a very special birthday? Well, I turned to my favorite fun-fold, the twist & pop card. So easy to make, and yet it has that POP! If you want instructions on how to make this card, click on this link to one of my previous posts with a video tutorial to boot.

For this special card, my friend said anything with purple (her grandma's fave color) and sparkle will do. Perfect! Let's get started!
I decided to use the retired Color Your Season stamp set for my flowers. I know it's not a current set but that doesn't mean I can't make beautiful cards with it. I stamped the big flower bunch with my black ink then clear heat-embossed my images for easier coloring. I used my alcohol markers to color my flowers in then cut my images up.
Next I created my mechanism piece the same way (please refer to tutorial here) and my folding panel (2" x 10") in Whisper White cardstock. I glued down my flower bunches onto my folding panel, making sure to cover as much of my panel as I can. Then I scored the panel at an interval of 2 1/2", effectively dividing my piece into 4 equal panels. Assembly of the twist & pop mechanism is the same as my previous card. I then covered my flowers with Wink of Stella for sparkle then added panels of Highland Heather (3 7/8" x 4 1/8") and Gray Granite cardstock (3 3/4" x 4") to line the inside of my card.
For my card front I wanted to keep it simple. I used First Frost stamp set and stamped on vellum using Gorgeous Grape, then clear heat-embossed my images to prevent smearing of ink. This gave my images a nice shine too, so bonus! I die cut them using the coordinating Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies and then glued them down onto a piece of Gray Granite cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") that is layered on top of a piece of Highland Heather (4 1/8" x 5 3/8"). 
I used my Cricut to make the 100th on both Highland Heather and gold glimmer paper. I must say that I actually ran out of gold glimmer paper so I made my own using the retired SAB item gold tape and taped over a piece of scrap cardstock. Instant glimmer paper minus the hassle of glitter fallout...works for me! Finally my happy birthday sentiment is from the also retired set We Must Celebrate stamped in Gorgeous Grape.

And that is my special card for today! It is a mix of retired and current items, just whatever I owned that works. I really hope that my friend's grandma likes it, after all, it's not everyday you turn 100!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment