Monday, November 26, 2018

Floral Frames for Christmas

I needed to make more Christmas cards to add to my stash but was running out of fresh ideas. Floral Frames to the rescue! Not exactly a Christmas stamp set but it all worked out in the end. Here's what I ended up with...
I love this stamp set because the frames are just gorgeous, just add your sentiment and you'll have a beautiful project no matter what. Don't ya just love that?!

Now to create my Christmas card, I started by white heat-embossing my floral frame on a piece of Tranquil Tide cardstock and then cut it out. Then I used my 2" circle punch and cut out my Whisper White circle for the sentiment. My Christmas sentiment was from Peaceful Noel (one of my fave Christmas sets) which I stamped in Merry Merlot ink. I also stamped the pine and holly from the same stamp set using Garden Green and Merry Merlot ink pads.
To make it look more Christmasy I added holiday sprigs using the Sprig punch and Frosted Bouquet Framelits on Tranquil Tide and Merry Merlot cardstock. My background piece is a 2" x 4" piece of Whisper White stamped with the Buffalo Check in Merry Merlot ink, with a few black lines added for interest. I also ran a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that's 4" x 5 1/4" through my Big Shot with my Cable Knit embossing folder.
Now it's just a matter of putting my card together. I used Merry Merlot cardstock (A2 size) for my card base and layered my Crumb Cake mat piece on top of it. Next my Bufffalo Check piece goes on top with a strip of my Striped Burlap trim running right down the middle.  Finally I just add my floral frame and arrange my holiday sprigs around it, gluing them securely onto my card. 

And that is my project for today! I love how flexible our products are, you can really use them for any occasion. All you need is a little bit of imagination, some inspiration, and have some fun with it. 

As always, thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed today's project. See ya next time. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment