Friday, November 30, 2018

Last Hurrah for the Snowflake Showcase

Sadly, today is the last day for the beautiful Snowflake Showcase. If you haven't ordered it by now, it would have been too late as these beauties are only available for the month of November. And since today is the last day it is available for purchase, I am paying homage to this beautiful bundle and creating one more Christmas card with it. Here it is...
This card was created by white heat-embossing the little snowflakes from the Snow is Glistening set all over my piece of Whisper White cardstock (4" x 5 1/4"). I then used the emboss-resist technique, sponging around my snowflakes using both Gray Granite and Balmy Blue ink pads and my sponge daubers.  To help blend my inks, I just sprayed it with my shimmer spray (Frost White shimmer paint + water). This makes for a fun DSP-looking background piece!
Next I stamped my sentiment on a strip of Whisper White cardstock (3" x 1 1/2") in Balmy Blue. I trimmed the right edge of it using my Pretty Label Punch, then layered it on top of a Gray Granite strip (3 1/8" x 1 5/8") with the edge punched as well. 

I die cut my beautiful snowflakes from the coordinating Snowfall Thinlits, the biggest one in silver foil sheet, then white cardstock for the middle, and Balmy Blue cardstock for the smallest snowflake. Then I just added a glitter enamel dot in the middle to complete the look. 

This whole piece was then layered on a piece of Gray Granite cardstock (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") before adhering it to my A2 sized Whisper White card base. And that is my card for today! The Snowflake Showcase is truly a beautiful bundle, I am so sad to see it go...I'm still hoping that these will carry over! Anyway thank you for stopping by and hope to see you next time. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment