Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Red Barn

The 2019 Stampin' Up! Occasions catalogue is just about to be released which means lots of new and cool stuff to play with! But before I dive right in to that, I decided to look at my stamp collection and use sets that I have not even had a chance to play with yet. So today's card uses the Barn Door stamp set and coordinating Sliding Door Framelits. Just one of my 'old' unused sets. Here's what I came up with. Can you guess who's hiding behind the bard doors??
Yup, it's Rudolph! I just had to have a little fun with it.

Creating this card was very straight-forward. I stamped my barn doors and wreaths on a Whisper White cardstock and cut them out using the coordinating dies. For my wreaths, I used Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler inks. Next I cut out Rudolph from a piece of Early Espresso cardstock using the Detailed Deer Thinlits die, covered it in Wink of Stella to give him that 'ethereal' look, then put in some highlights using my white gel pen to make him stand out. I then cut my barn door in half so you can take a peek at Rudolph and my white heat-embossed sentiment from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set. 

I assembled all my elements on a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and added white lines to finish off my red barn, then adhered this piece onto my Whisper White card base. I also added a white beam on top of my doors, just to finish off the look. Oh, and of course I added Rudolph's red nose which is a rhinestone jewel that's coloured in with red marker. 

And that is my card for today...mixing the old with the new! Now I'm off to see what other stamp sets I have yet to play with. See you next time and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment