Tuesday, April 17, 2018

3D Swirly Frames

     I am not much of a scrapbooker...it just isn't my thing. I am always so envious of these talented people who can easily make a scrapbook page with no effort and it looks amazing. For me first of all, I don't print my pictures...they're all just stored on my devices. Then there's that huge space to fill! I have a thing about blank spaces...I don't like them for some reason. So to try and make use of all that 12x12 space is very intimidating to me. And lastly, thinking of a layout is another factor for  me. 
     
     Having said all that, I had to make a scrapbook page for my Display board at OnStage, and believe me I was not too keen about that. How am I supposed to feature the products I received on a scrapbook page?! So I racked my brain trying to come up with something, until I had a eureka moment. Why not just do a simple water-colored background with my stamps? And so that's what I did!

     I started with a Cherry Cobbler 12x12 sheet, then got out my new Swirly Frames stamp set (p.137) and again used the circles. I stamped them on a diagonal with my Versamark pad and then gold heat-embossed them. Then I randomly stamped the splatter from the Artisan Textures (p.130) in Night of Navy. Next, I taped my cardstock on my surface because I was gonna do watercoloring, and this will help prevent my paper from warping too much.

     For my watercoloring I used my Night of Navy re-inker and my Aqua Painter brush. I just colored the insides of my circles, creating shadows so that it looks kinda 3D. Very easy to do! Lastly for embellishment I decided to die cut the huge flower thinlit from Springtime Impressions Thinlits (p.129) out of gold foil sheet with the mutlipurpose adhesive sheet at the back for easy sticking. (This thinlit set is so beautiful, I could have made my entire display board using just these!)
     So after arranging my pictures and my sentiment piece from the Petal Passion Memories & More card pack, this is my finished scrapbook page. Admittedly, I had fun creating this page and creatively using my space...I thought it was a fun challenge. Maybe I will have to explore scrapbooking more in the future! 
     I loved this 3D look so much that I re-created it on a card too! And with that, I'll see you next time! Thanks so much for stopping by.

3 comments: