Monday, April 16, 2018

Colorful Background stamping

     So I have been so busy these past few weeks...First there was OnStage. And then afer OnStage, I got inspired to make a few changes in my craft room. By this, I mean a huge change...I decided to move my craft room altogether so I can have more space for all the awesome new stuff in our new catalogue! Now that was a huge project, but now I'm finally almost finished, just a few more tweaking. Pictures will be at the very end of this post.

     Now I wanted to move on and focus my attention on my Display Board samples. I'm gonna try to share one project a day (fingers crossed), and hopefully inspire you in using what supplies I received in my supplies box. So today I'll start with this colorful card I created. I love it because of all the vibrant colors in it, and because it was really easy to make too!
I just LOVE my light box, don't you?!?
It's the perfect addition to my craft room!

     To make this card, I used Whisper White for my base and for the layering 'art piece'. I used the circle stamps from the new Swirly Frames stamp set (p.137 in the catty) and clear heat embossed them all over my cardstock. Then I stamped my background using the Artisan Textures set (p.130) and the spritz-stamp technique (I don't know what the real name for this technique is, but basically you just ink up you stamp and spritz it with water to make it runny before stamping it on your paper. Makes for a watercolor-like effect!) For my background I used Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist, Melon Mambo and Emerald Envy ink pads. Colorful, eh?
     
     Next I die-cut the feathers from the Chase Your Dreams Framelits (p.54) out of a Champagne foil sheet, and then just lightly sponged the edges with the Black Staz-On since I wasn't sure if our regular ink would stay on the foil. My sentiment is from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set, stamped with Basic Black ink and clear heat-embossed afterwards, then finally covered with Wink of Stella for some shimmer. 

     To complete my card I just added a few glitter enamel dots and a ribbon out of the silver baker's twine. And that is my colorful card! Simple to make but very eye-catching with all the vibrant colors!

     Now back to my new craft room, I moved from a basement bedroom and into our unused upstairs living room. So now I have lots of natural light for a change! So exciting! And my fur baby can hang out with me on the couch while I craft too, so win-win situation really. Here's a few pics...





     Still a work-in-progress, but at least I have most of my stuff in place now. Anyway thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope to see you next time! Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment