Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Simple Garden Impression card

     Part of my Display Stamper supply kit was the Garden Impressions 6x6 DSP (p.130), and when I first looked at it my immediate thought was that it was not my cup of tea. It wasn't because of anything against the product, it was just not my style. I thought that I would barely use it, maybe make one project out of it at least, and I'll be done with it. Well guess what? Just the opposite happened!
     I started playing with it and making projects with it, and before I knew it I had almost used up all my paper! Now if you knew me, you'd find this hard to believe because I am a HUGE paper hoarder! As of today, this stack is literally all that's left...crazy right!?

     Anyway for my display sample I decided to make use of this DSP and make a quick and easy card with it. This card would make such a great class project because it's so simple and uses minimal supplies!
     To make this I used Dapper Denim as my card base, and one of the floral DSP designs as my layering piece. I stamped my sentiment from the Beautiful Bouquet set on a piece of Pool Party stitched circle die-cut piece and layered this on top of a Dapper Denim circle die-cut. For additional interest, I die-cut the big flower from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits (p.129) on a piece of Champagne Foil, trimmed one of the big flowers and adhered it onto my sentiment piece. 

     To finish it off, I wrapped a silver ribbon around my DSP and adhered my sentiment piece on top using dimensionals. For embellishment I just added a few rhinestone jewels, and my card is complete!

     Super simple and easy to make, I can already see a class forming! Hope you enjoyed today's display board card and thanks for stopping by. See ya next time!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment