Saturday, April 21, 2018

Butterfly Springtime Impressions

     Out of all the supplies I received for the display board samples, my most favorite item is the Springtime Impressions Thinlits (p.129). It is just beautiful! It only consists of 3 dies, but believe me, you can do so much with these 3 dies alone. I featured this thinlit set on my display board samples ALOT, from very simple projects to stepped up cards. I'll show more in my upcoming posts.

     Today I am featuring this card that I made using the butterfly die in the set. This butterfly is mid-sized, just perfect! 
I started with a Whisper White card base, and a Lemon Lime Twist layering piece. I wanted a debossed look with a little twist. For this effect, I used my Petal Burst embossing folder and lightly inked the side where the petals were raised with my Emerald Envy ink pad. With my piece of Lemon Lime twist inside the folder, I ran this through my Big Shot, effectively transferring the ink onto my cardstock. I then just lightly covered it with gold embossing powder, brushing off powder in some areas to achieve a 'rustic' look. Heat set it and my background piece is done.
Next I die cut my butterfly and my flower from a piece of Whisper White cardstock. The flower on the corner is from the big die in the set, I just trimmed off a small section of it. My sentiment is from the stamp set Feather Together, gold heat embossed on a strip of Whisper White and layered on top of an Emerald Envy piece.

For embellishment I used the green ribbon from the Metallic Ribbon combo pack (p.130) and wrapped it twice around my background piece. On my butterfly center I just added some Tutti Frutti adhesive-backed sequins with rhinestone jewels in the middle. 

I hope you enjoyed this card, and thanks for stopping by. Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment